- Make sure to create a back-up of your site.
- On your existing server create a new location/ folder.
- Login to your wp-admin
- Then go to Administration>Settings>General panel.
- In the box for WordPress Address change the address to a new location and in the box of the Site Address change the address to a new location that will match the public site address.
- Then Save Changes.
- Then move all files from the old to the new directory.
- Then update all your links. If you are using Permalinks, go to Administration>Settings>Permalinks panel and update your permalinks.
- Update your existing Images/Media links to the new folder.
- You must also check your existing “Store Media Uploads” else your media uploads will still go to the old folder. This could be found under Settings>Media.
- If your theme support Menus, update your menus this is Under Appearance>Menus.
Comment section on a page doesn’t seem professional. Comment section is more legit for blog post.
If you want to build discussion on a post with your site visitors but not on pages, you may consider that sometimes unchecking the comments in the screen option or even installing Page Off Comments Plugin doesn’t work. If this will happen to you, just go to Appearance>>Editor>>Page Template (page.php) and delete this code snippet “
<?php comments_template(); ?>“
Or if you want to change the word “Leave a Reply” in your comment section with something else, just go to Appearance>>Editor>>Comments (comments.php). This is the code snippet that you want to change
<?php comment_form_title( ‘Leave a Reply’, ‘Leave a Reply to %s’ ); ?>